Ongoing projects supporting health care in the Cowichan Valley
The Foundation is proud of its many successes in raising money to support health care in the Cowichan Valley and in providing residents with the very best in medical equipment.
Recent Campaigns & Projects
Listed below are some of the Foundation’s funding accomplishments. All of which is only made possible with the community’s generosity and financial support. Thank you.
- Various Medical Carts and supplies
- Ultrasound for PICC line insertions
- Pediatric Bipap Machine
- The Echocardiography Program $210,000
- Optiflow Junior for Pediatrics
- $30,000 one isolette incubator for the maternity/ pediatrics ward
- Purchased two fetal heart monitors for the maternity/ pediatrics ward. These monitors allow medical staff to closely track the baby’s heart rate throughout pregnancy, labour and delivery.
- Provided funding for $16,000 of capital improvements to Cairnsmore Place, our local extended care facility. These improvements include upgrades to the entry/ exit system to ensure the safety of residents as well as purchasing fall mats to protect fragile residents from sustaining significant injuries as a result of mishaps.
- $700,000 two year campaign to fund a new Endoscopy Suite at the hospital. This will also free up operating room space so that more surgeries can be scheduled.
- $40,000 for capital improvements to Emergency to create a FAST TRACK system which will improve efficiency and patient flow and reduce wait times for low acuity patients from 2 – 4 hours to about 35 minutes.
- New bath and shower room in Delivery Room #1.
- Joint project with the Auxiliary to the Cowichan District Hospital to update residents’ rooms at Cairnsmore Place with new window treatments
- $75,000 for a new Maternity Clinic in the hospital
- $145,000 for renovations to the hospital’s Emergency Department to improve patient care for Psychiatric patients and improve overall patient care in ER.
- $190,000 for surgical equipment to support an expanded orthopedic surgical team.
- $130,000 for Pediatric Ward renovations so the rooms are more family friendly and allow Mom or Dad to spend the night, and to help reduce the spread of infections.
- $140,000 computerized microscope for cataract and other eye surgeries.
- $65,000 for various scopes for the surgical team.